Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Abnormal enlargement of the liver.
- ‘All of these can be shown by hematologic abnormalities or hepatomegaly with liver test perturbation.’
- ‘Hepatic cysts may cause hepatomegaly or become infected.’
- ‘With chronic congestive hepatomegaly, cardiac cirrhosis may occur.’
- ‘On examination, he was mildly dehydrated and showed petechiae over his trunk and limbs; no lymphadenopathy, hepatomegaly, splenomegaly, or bone masses were identified.’
- ‘No vaccine is available to prevent hepatitis C hepatomegaly.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.