One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A severe form of viral hepatitis transmitted in infected blood, causing fever, debility, and jaundice.
- ‘Also in countries where blood is not tested for hepatitis B, blood transfusions may still be a cause of infection.’
- ‘Polio, hepatitis B and rabies vaccines are all made in this way.’
- ‘The tests would identify HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis, and hepatitis B, among other conditions.’
- ‘To date, only DNA vaccines against hepatitis B and malaria have induced immune responses thought to be protective in humans.’
- ‘Most people infected as adults recover fully from hepatitis B, even if their signs and symptoms are severe.’
- ‘Certain percentages of people infected with hepatitis B do go on and develop liver cancer.’
- ‘Without treatment, about half of babies of mothers with hepatitis B may acquire the infection.’
- ‘I'm still not that enthusiastic about either hepatitis B or chickenpox vaccines.’
- ‘Hepatitis D is only present in people infected with hepatitis B.’
- ‘Fulminant hepatitis B is seen in adult infection and is relatively rare.’
- ‘This list of tests currently includes hepatitis B, syphilis, and immunity to varicella and rubella.’
- ‘The source individual's blood must be tested for hepatitis B virus and HIV as soon as feasible.’
- ‘We excluded patients with hepatitis B, HIV infection, or hepatic decompensation.’
- ‘Other less common but serious infections are also checked for, including HIV, syphilis and hepatitis B.’
- ‘Like AIDS, hepatitis B is transmitted through body fluids such as blood.’
- ‘From the end of the year immigrants will also be screened for HIV, hepatitis B and serious kidney infection.’
- ‘Preventing the graft becoming infected with hepatitis B virus has already been discussed.’
- ‘Worldwide, hepatitis B is another major cause of cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma.’
- ‘The technology will be applied to viral targets such as hepatitis B and herpes as well as to other infective agents.’
- ‘Using unsterilized tools may transmit viral infections, such as hepatitis B or warts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.