Relating to the liver.‘right and left hepatic ducts’
- ‘The combination of gastrointestinal haemorrhage and hepatic encephalopathy indicates a poor prognosis.’
- ‘Liver metastases frequently present with multiple hepatic lesions on diagnosis.’
- ‘Hepatorenal syndrome occurs in patients with chronic liver disease and advanced hepatic failure.’
- ‘The smaller bile ducts converge within the liver to form the hepatic duct outside the liver.’
- ‘Nonalcoholic fatty liver is defined as hepatic steatosis in the absence of alcohol use or another chronic liver disease.’
- less common term for liverwort
Late Middle English: via Latin from Greek hēpatikos, from hēpar, hēpat- liver.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.