One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Add heparin to (blood or a container about to be filled with blood) to prevent it from coagulating.
- ‘In a separate set of experiments, heparinized peripheral blood from three healthy male donors was used immediately after venipuncture.’
- ‘Thin blood smears were prepared from fresh heparinized blood on microscope slides.’
- ‘Arterial and venous blood samples were obtained in standard heparinized blood sampling syringes after the cord had been doubly clamped.’
- ‘Newborn mice were anesthetized by hypothermia and euthanized, and peripheral blood was collected using heparinized capillary tubes.’
- ‘At 5 and 8 months of treatment, heparinized blood was collected from some mice of each group by orbital venous puncture under light ether anesthesia after fasting for 18 hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.