Add heparin to (blood or a container about to be filled with blood) to prevent it from coagulating.
- ‘Arterial and venous blood samples were obtained in standard heparinized blood sampling syringes after the cord had been doubly clamped.’
- ‘In a separate set of experiments, heparinized peripheral blood from three healthy male donors was used immediately after venipuncture.’
- ‘Newborn mice were anesthetized by hypothermia and euthanized, and peripheral blood was collected using heparinized capillary tubes.’
- ‘At 5 and 8 months of treatment, heparinized blood was collected from some mice of each group by orbital venous puncture under light ether anesthesia after fasting for 18 hours.’
- ‘Thin blood smears were prepared from fresh heparinized blood on microscope slides.’