One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stopping of a flow of blood.
- ‘The procedure requires meticulous dissection and exhaustive hemostasis to prevent damage to adjacent structures.’
- ‘At the junction of the flowing blood and extracellular space, the endothelium is a dynamic organ that modulates local hemostasis, cell trafficking, and microcirculatory blood flow.’
- ‘The evolving understanding of the body's response at the molecular level continues to reveal common pathways between infection, inflammation, and hemostasis.’
- ‘It is therefore reasonable to conclude that achieving adequate hemostasis would not only control blood loss in the event of a rupture, but may prevent the formation or expansion of the subcapsular hematoma.’
- ‘The phases of normal wound healing include hemostasis, inflammation, proliferation, and remodeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.