One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The stopping of a flow of blood.
- ‘The phases of normal wound healing include hemostasis, inflammation, proliferation, and remodeling.’
- ‘The procedure requires meticulous dissection and exhaustive hemostasis to prevent damage to adjacent structures.’
- ‘At the junction of the flowing blood and extracellular space, the endothelium is a dynamic organ that modulates local hemostasis, cell trafficking, and microcirculatory blood flow.’
- ‘It is therefore reasonable to conclude that achieving adequate hemostasis would not only control blood loss in the event of a rupture, but may prevent the formation or expansion of the subcapsular hematoma.’
- ‘The evolving understanding of the body's response at the molecular level continues to reveal common pathways between infection, inflammation, and hemostasis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.