One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving the rupture or destruction of red blood cells.‘hemolytic anemia’
- ‘A patient with breast cancer presenting with haemolytic uraemic syndrome was, however, three times less likely to be admitted to intensive care than a patient with AIDS with the same condition.’
- ‘The initial laboratory results indicated a diagnostic triad of thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, and acute renal failure.’
- ‘Next is a chapter on haematopoietic and lymphoreticular disorders including haemolytic anaemias, leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.’
- ‘These organisms have also been found to be involved in wound infections, haemolytic uremic syndrome, meningitis, peritonitis, respiratory tract infections and ocular infections4.’
- ‘The use of antimotility agents should be avoided because they appear to prolong bloody diarrhea and increase the incidence of hemolytic uremic syndrome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.