One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance in the blood that destroys red blood cells and liberates hemoglobin.
- ‘Phospholipase and lecithinase are hemolysins that act synergistically to break down lipids and lecithin.’
- ‘There are many bacterial virulence factors that may contribute to clinical outcomes, including bacterial hemolysins, proteases, and siderophores.’
- ‘In experiments one usually measures the time it takes one voltage-driven single-stranded DNA to translocate through the [alpha] hemolysin channel of a known structure.’
- ‘In a subsequent article we will provide the same analysis for DNA transport through [alpha] hemolysin.’
- ‘It is interesting to note that the interaction of another hemolytic protein, the earthworm hemolysin eiseniapore, with lipid membranes has been shown to require sphingolipids.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.