One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary condition involving an abnormality in the structure of hemoglobin.
- ‘This investigation was a retrospective, histochemical, morphometric study of blood vessels in hematopoietic bone marrow in cases of sickle cell hemoglobinopathy and in age group-matched normal control subjects.’
- ‘Appropriate hemoglobinopathy screening should include a complete blood count and hemoglobin electrophoresis.’
- ‘In general, these are healthy individuals with no significant pathologic changes related to the hemoglobinopathy.’
- ‘In the United States neonatal screening for haemoglobinopathy occurs routinely in most states, and antenatal screening for cystic fibrosis carrier status has been recommended nationally.’
- ‘She was fired from her position as director of the haemoglobinopathy research programme and referred to the medical licensing board of Ontario for research misconduct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.