One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary condition involving an abnormality in the structure of hemoglobin.
- ‘She was fired from her position as director of the haemoglobinopathy research programme and referred to the medical licensing board of Ontario for research misconduct.’
- ‘In general, these are healthy individuals with no significant pathologic changes related to the hemoglobinopathy.’
- ‘In the United States neonatal screening for haemoglobinopathy occurs routinely in most states, and antenatal screening for cystic fibrosis carrier status has been recommended nationally.’
- ‘This investigation was a retrospective, histochemical, morphometric study of blood vessels in hematopoietic bone marrow in cases of sickle cell hemoglobinopathy and in age group-matched normal control subjects.’
- ‘Appropriate hemoglobinopathy screening should include a complete blood count and hemoglobin electrophoresis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.