One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any parasitic flagellate protozoan that lives in the bloodstream.
- ‘Following acquisition of the parasite, a hemoflagellate protozoan of the order Kinetoplastida, clinical symptoms range from negligible to acute Chagas disease that is characterized by fever, high parasitemia, and 5% mortality.’
- ‘Extensive studies have been made on the kinetoplast, a unique mitochondrion found in the hemoflagellates and other members of the order Kinetoplastida.’
- ‘The hemoflagellates are primitive parasitic protozoa that cause a number of diseases of medical and veterinary importance.’
- ‘Further, the invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions, suitable against hemoflagellates.’
- ‘Chagas' disease, caused by the hemoflagellate Trypanosoma cruzi, is endemic in Central and South America and parts of Mexico.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.