Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having half the number of planes required for symmetry of the holohedral form.
- ‘A regular or twin intergrowth between two hemihedral crystals frequently takes place and results in the production of a holohedral form.’
- ‘Hexagonal bR crystals of space group P6 3 often exhibit a perfect hemihedral twinning.’
- ‘Depending on the hemihedral twin-fraction, there are two different scenarios that must be understood.’
- ‘Analysis was complicated by perfect hemihedral twinning, which was masked in intensity statistics by pseudocentering.’
- ‘The two types of quartz are distinguished by minor crystal faces, the hemihedral facets, which form a left-handed screw pattern in one set and a right-handed pattern in the other.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.