One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having half the number of planes required for symmetry of the holohedral form.
- ‘The two types of quartz are distinguished by minor crystal faces, the hemihedral facets, which form a left-handed screw pattern in one set and a right-handed pattern in the other.’
- ‘Depending on the hemihedral twin-fraction, there are two different scenarios that must be understood.’
- ‘Analysis was complicated by perfect hemihedral twinning, which was masked in intensity statistics by pseudocentering.’
- ‘A regular or twin intergrowth between two hemihedral crystals frequently takes place and results in the production of a holohedral form.’
- ‘Hexagonal bR crystals of space group P6 3 often exhibit a perfect hemihedral twinning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.