Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having half the number of planes required for symmetry of the holohedral form.
- ‘Hexagonal bR crystals of space group P6 3 often exhibit a perfect hemihedral twinning.’
- ‘Analysis was complicated by perfect hemihedral twinning, which was masked in intensity statistics by pseudocentering.’
- ‘A regular or twin intergrowth between two hemihedral crystals frequently takes place and results in the production of a holohedral form.’
- ‘Depending on the hemihedral twin-fraction, there are two different scenarios that must be understood.’
- ‘The two types of quartz are distinguished by minor crystal faces, the hemihedral facets, which form a left-handed screw pattern in one set and a right-handed pattern in the other.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.