Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for hemopoiesis
- ‘We have already discussed the stem cells that are responsible for hematopoiesis, generation of neural cells, and renewal of the epidermis and the gut lining.’
- ‘These organs may become enlarged because they are trying to produce extra blood cells, a process called extramedullary hematopoiesis.’
- ‘Chronic clonal disorders of hematopoiesis are usually classified as either myeloproliferative disorder or myelodysplastic syndrome.’
- ‘The latter participate in numerous morphogenetic and physiological events, including hematopoiesis, through synergistic interactions with other transcriptional activators.’
- ‘A side effect of such therapy is bone marrow suppression that adversely affects the patient's ability to generate hematopoiesis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.