Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A solid swelling of clotted blood within the tissues.
- ‘There may be bruising called contusions or a collection of blood called a hematoma or clot.’
- ‘However, other hematomas can develop within days after the operation and cause bruising.’
- ‘Bleeding under your skin, causing a painful swelling called a haematoma.’
- ‘Skin hemorrhages in the form of petechiae, ecchymoses, hematomas, and purpura will quickly become apparent.’
- ‘The nurse suctions the patient's mouth frequently, at which time he or she inspects the mouth for active bleeding, clots, or hematomas.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.