One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The patient received corticosteroid therapy and blood transfusions, with improvement of her hematologic parameters, but died 54 days after admission for respiratory failure.’
- ‘These hematologic derangements are probably enhanced by the prolonged exposure of platelets to surfaces of the tubing and to mechanical forces of the heart-lung bypass machine.’
- ‘Many physicians are unfamiliar with the disease, and heavy menstrual bleeding often is considered a gynecologic rather than hematologic problem.’
- ‘Nonpulmonary end-organ dysfunction was divided into the following groups: cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, hematologic, neurologic, and gastrointestinal.’
- ‘The potential ill effects of inhalant abuse include damage to cardiac, pulmonary, neurologic, gastrointestinal, hematologic, renal, and dermatologic systems.’
- ‘Patients with snakebites should undergo a comprehensive work-up to look for possible hematologic, neurologic, renal, and cardiovascular abnormalities.’
- ‘Such patients suffer a haematologic disease called pure red cell aplasia.’
- ‘The title is a misnomer, however, because the editors allocate more than one third of the text to lymphomas, other hematologic malignancies and bone marrow transplantation treatments of hematologic malignancies.’
- ‘Blood components and any additional fluid were administered as ordered by the surgeon on the basis of hematologic laboratory findings, pulmonary artery diastolic pressure, and cardiac index.’
- ‘Chronic pulmonary conditions, oncologic or hematologic conditions, chronic neurologic conditions, and multiple chronic conditions were significantly more frequent in the older group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.