One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The patient received corticosteroid therapy and blood transfusions, with improvement of her hematologic parameters, but died 54 days after admission for respiratory failure.’
- ‘Such patients suffer a haematologic disease called pure red cell aplasia.’
- ‘Chronic pulmonary conditions, oncologic or hematologic conditions, chronic neurologic conditions, and multiple chronic conditions were significantly more frequent in the older group.’
- ‘Nonpulmonary end-organ dysfunction was divided into the following groups: cardiovascular, renal, hepatic, hematologic, neurologic, and gastrointestinal.’
- ‘The title is a misnomer, however, because the editors allocate more than one third of the text to lymphomas, other hematologic malignancies and bone marrow transplantation treatments of hematologic malignancies.’
- ‘Many physicians are unfamiliar with the disease, and heavy menstrual bleeding often is considered a gynecologic rather than hematologic problem.’
- ‘Blood components and any additional fluid were administered as ordered by the surgeon on the basis of hematologic laboratory findings, pulmonary artery diastolic pressure, and cardiac index.’
- ‘These hematologic derangements are probably enhanced by the prolonged exposure of platelets to surfaces of the tubing and to mechanical forces of the heart-lung bypass machine.’
- ‘The potential ill effects of inhalant abuse include damage to cardiac, pulmonary, neurologic, gastrointestinal, hematologic, renal, and dermatologic systems.’
- ‘Patients with snakebites should undergo a comprehensive work-up to look for possible hematologic, neurologic, renal, and cardiovascular abnormalities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.