One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any substance that tends to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘Our purpose was to study the effect of hematinic supplementation on the maternal erythropoietin response during singleton pregnancy.’
- ‘Every month, when students came for collection of hematinic, check was made for compliance and side effects.’
- ‘She had a smooth postoperative recovery and maintained her hematocrit postoperatively without any hematinics when reviewed in the outpatient clinic after two weeks.’
- ‘The patient was taken up for surgery 15 days after initiation of oral hematinics when his hemoglobin was measured to be 10.8 g.’
- ‘Recovery from aplastic anemia occurred 4 months after the discontinuation of suspected myelotoxic drugs and use of hematinics.’
Tending to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘This growth represents the largest quarter-over-quarter volume gain among all branded oral prescription hematinic products in the United States.’
- ‘Chromagen Forte® is now the #1 newly prescribed branded oral prescription hematinic product in the United States.’
- ‘Equi-Cell is a liquid vitamin and mineral hematinic supplement containing essential levels of iron, copper, B-vitamins, antioxidant vitamins, and selenium for horses in a palatable, easy-to-feed base.’
- ‘Mothers were called every week and were made to consume the hematinic supplement in the clinic itself.’
- ‘Iron sucrose is a hematinic agent that was recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis who are receiving concomitant erythropoietin therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.