Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any substance that tends to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘Our purpose was to study the effect of hematinic supplementation on the maternal erythropoietin response during singleton pregnancy.’
- ‘She had a smooth postoperative recovery and maintained her hematocrit postoperatively without any hematinics when reviewed in the outpatient clinic after two weeks.’
- ‘Every month, when students came for collection of hematinic, check was made for compliance and side effects.’
- ‘Recovery from aplastic anemia occurred 4 months after the discontinuation of suspected myelotoxic drugs and use of hematinics.’
- ‘The patient was taken up for surgery 15 days after initiation of oral hematinics when his hemoglobin was measured to be 10.8 g.’
Tending to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
- ‘Iron sucrose is a hematinic agent that was recently approved by the FDA for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia in patients undergoing chronic hemodialysis who are receiving concomitant erythropoietin therapy.’
- ‘Equi-Cell is a liquid vitamin and mineral hematinic supplement containing essential levels of iron, copper, B-vitamins, antioxidant vitamins, and selenium for horses in a palatable, easy-to-feed base.’
- ‘Mothers were called every week and were made to consume the hematinic supplement in the clinic itself.’
- ‘This growth represents the largest quarter-over-quarter volume gain among all branded oral prescription hematinic products in the United States.’
- ‘Chromagen Forte® is now the #1 newly prescribed branded oral prescription hematinic product in the United States.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.