Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A benign tumor of blood vessels, often forming a red birthmark.
rash, blemish, spot, freckle, birthmark, strawberry mark, port wine stain, eruptionView synonyms
- ‘Some children were treated more than once, either by receiving several treatments for one hemangioma or by receiving individual treatments for several haemangiomas.’
- ‘Cavernous hemangiomas are benign vascular tumors most commonly seen in the head and neck region in childhood.’
- ‘Lipomas, hemangiomas, neuromas, and fibromas are benign neoplasms that occur in the neck.’
- ‘Smaller defects may be mistaken for cutaneous lesions such as hemangiomas or dermoid cysts.’
- ‘Cavernous hemangiomas are composed of large, dilated, blood-filled vessels lined by flattened endothelium.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.