Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The clumping together of red blood cells.
- ‘Classically, diagnosis of dengue virus infection was carried out by haemagglutination inhibition test.’
- ‘Alternatively, the anti-sheep red blood cell hemagglutination test has been employed successfully in many species of wild birds.’
- ‘Antibody titers were expressed as the log 2 of the highest dilution of plasma containing hemagglutination.’
- ‘The diagnosis is confirmed by haemagglutination and complement fixation tests.’
- ‘However, the agent little affected the hemagglutination and RNA-dependent RNA polymerase activities of these viruses in vitro.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.