One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that provides help.‘the movie helpfully provides subtitles’‘our readership will helpfully point out any inaccuracies’
- ‘There is a great sound system and some rock classics are helpfully supplied on CD.’
- ‘On learning that he wanted to go to Dubai, Rajesh advised him to get a passport and added helpfully that he knew an agent who could get him one.’
- ‘Our guide would helpfully translate the messages of some of the posters.’
- ‘I owe special thanks those whom responded deeply and helpfully to drafts of this essay.’
- ‘The film opens with a newscast that is helpfully translated via sign language for the hearing impaired.’
- ‘She helpfully suggested I try this smoothing shampoo and companion conditioner.’
- ‘My tax credit adviser helpfully reminds me not to forget to include my personal financial details to ensure prompt payment.’
- ‘Such work relies heavily on the crib sheets helpfully supplied by the artist.’
- ‘When she inquires at the desk, the manager helpfully points him out.’
- ‘This card they left helpfully informs me that they'll be back again today to attempt another delivery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.