Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A T cell that influences or controls the differentiation or activity of other cells of the immune system.
- ‘Creatine also appears to increase the activity of muscle helper cells called satellite cells.’
- ‘They exposed both naïve and mature helper cells to HIV, then stimulated the naïve cells to multiply through several rounds of cell division.’
- ‘The HIV+ group was found to have significantly lower autonomic function than did the controls, along with lower helper cell counts.’
- ‘The virus affects certain white blood cells, called T4 helper cells, which help the body fight disease.’
- ‘Because the cells originate without specialized abilities to fight specific diseases, they are known as T-zero helper cells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.