One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A service providing information and support to computer users, especially within a company.
- ‘Other users lose productivity when they call the help desk to have their passwords reset.’
- ‘He recruits workers who have good people skills for the help desk.’
- ‘A former New York computer help desk technician yesterday pleaded guilty to playing a key part in what prosecutors reckon is the largest identity theft case to date.’
- ‘Keeping track of every entry in an accurate, organized and nonrepetitive manner is the key to a good help desk.’
- ‘Several software options are on the market, but our help desk chose IBM's ViaVoice for Windows.’
- ‘His assistant also handles hardware leasing and routes calls to the help desk.’
- ‘Don't cheat your users by giving them dramatically simplified or weakened versions of the software being used by your help desk personnel.’
- ‘The help desk and IT support staff will act as ambassadors for your intranet initiative, so the sooner you garner their support the better.’
- ‘The sad part is that they had to call the help desk in order to place a service call!’
- ‘We had a small programming shop and I was in the help desk when this fax came in.’
- ‘I work at a midwestern university's network help desk for students, faculty, and staff.’
- ‘One of the most important factors in outsourcing your help desk service is the relationship, or partnership, you establish with the vendor.’
- ‘Evaluate all costs involved in running your own help desk.’
- ‘As I type this, I'm sitting on the tail of a 10 minute queue to the help desk again.’
- ‘Employees often have so many passwords that they invariably forget them and have to call the help desk to either retrieve or reset them.’
- ‘A help desk agent may also want to communicate with an end user through a chat session.’
- ‘The documentation or knowledge base of the help desk continues to grow, as does the vendor's ability to handle more issues.’
- ‘The support help desk can be a complicated, stressful and challenging environment.’
- ‘Sixteen percent of the respondents had put on extra services due to the use of open source software, including extra help desk support and extra staff.’
- ‘Users don't sit idle because of lost or forgotten identifiers, and the help desk doesn't spend time retrieving or replacing such tokens.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.