One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oppressive or unbearable place.
- ‘Is it your goal in life to work in this hellhole until you leave the earth?’
- ‘Finally, after cramming my head full of rubbish about factorizing, grammar, human hearts and colors it's time to leave this hellhole called high school.’
- ‘After finishing my overcooked greasy pork slab, I wandered over to the smoking area to indulge in the only vice still allowed to us here in this hellhole and fired up my customary after-dinner stogie.’
- ‘I have been extremely healthy since I got out of that hellhole.’
- ‘We need to see why the Marines needed to be sent into that hellhole.’
- ‘They know that I mean well, even if I end up depicting our region as some sort of hellhole.’
- ‘So let's get out of this hellhole for a while so I can ask you some questions without having to damage my vocal cords.’
- ‘He declined and ended up spending more than five years in that hellhole.’
- ‘Have the American people decided that hellhole of a country is a lost cause?’
- ‘‘I'm here to get you out of this hellhole,’ answered a second man, much younger than the first.’
- ‘I turned my helmet radio back on and said ‘Chris, can we get out of this hellhole?’’
- ‘Are you assuming I give you special treatment over any of the other jerks that attend this hellhole?’
- ‘And I'll drive away and be free of this hellhole.’
- ‘During the orientation picnic, kegs of beer flowed, faculty and students drank together, and I wondered what kind of hellhole I had stumbled into.’
- ‘It was great that she got to leave this hellhole behind.’
- ‘At one time, I actually never even thought I would work anywhere but at that hellhole of a chicken plant.’
- ‘Do you really want to spend the rest of your life in this hellhole?’
- ‘‘Guess I'll spend one more night in this hellhole,’ he said, walking back down the road into the city.’
- ‘Maybe I've grown weaker since entering this hellhole.’
- ‘He must have at some point wanted to work at a private school where the classes were small and melded to his wants, but he didn't have the credentials, and so he ended up in this hellhole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.