One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aquatic giant salamander with grayish skin and a flattened head, native to North America.
- ‘It closely resembles the North American hellbender, a salamander with large, flat head that can grow more than 2 feet long.’
- ‘Living relatives include the Asian giant salamander, which can grow as big as a small human adult, and the smaller hellbender of North America.’
- ‘The closest relative of the Japanese and Chinese giant salamanders is the hellbender of the eastern US.’
- ‘Other common predators include minks, otters, raccoons, turtles, hellbenders, fish, some species of birds, and humans.’
- ‘The hellbender can reach 750 mm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.