One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman who has been rejected by a man can be ferociously angry and vindictive.
- ‘Oh, believe you me, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!’
- ‘They say that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.’
- ‘Another recipient, who also wished to remain anonymous, said: ‘On the basis that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, we can only guess the author must suspect her husband is being unfaithful and is very bitter.’’
- ‘It's been said that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, so just imagine what kind of trouble you could find from an angry god.’
- ‘They say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and, as Susan Flockhart discovered, cyberspace has become the preferred instrument of revenge’
- ‘As Kristine learned first hand on their date, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.