Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single-celled aquatic animal of the phylum "Heliozoa"
- ‘These heliozoans are found most often in freshwater, floating in the open water amongst reeds and algae.’
- ‘Spotting this large heliozoan is easy and once seen, never forgotten.’
- ‘Heliozoa is one of a diverse group of protozoa called heliozoans that live in both freshwater and marine environments.’
- ‘This delicate heliozoan demonstrates the amazing ability of axiopods to repair themselves.’
- ‘Of course in the case of both heliozoans, the axopodia were fixed in different states of retraction.’
Relating to or denoting heliozoans.
- ‘One past heliozoan, Sticholonche, was found by Nikolaev et al. to cluster with Acantharea.’
- ‘The genetic foundation for sequestering ribosomes near the nucleus could have developed in amoeboid or heliozoan ancestors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.