One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single-celled aquatic animal of the phylum "Heliozoa"
- ‘These heliozoans are found most often in freshwater, floating in the open water amongst reeds and algae.’
- ‘Of course in the case of both heliozoans, the axopodia were fixed in different states of retraction.’
- ‘Spotting this large heliozoan is easy and once seen, never forgotten.’
- ‘This delicate heliozoan demonstrates the amazing ability of axiopods to repair themselves.’
- ‘Heliozoa is one of a diverse group of protozoa called heliozoans that live in both freshwater and marine environments.’
Relating to or denoting heliozoans.
- ‘The genetic foundation for sequestering ribosomes near the nucleus could have developed in amoeboid or heliozoan ancestors.’
- ‘One past heliozoan, Sticholonche, was found by Nikolaev et al. to cluster with Acantharea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.