One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1799 his brother George, who had inherited the estate of their mother's heirless brother, gave him £8000 in Bank of England stock.’
- ‘The Princess was elderly, heirless and living in genteel poverty.’
- ‘Despite being married to many wives he was heirless.’
- ‘I didn't invest sixteen years of my life and money to raise an ungrateful heirless brat!’
- ‘The title was subsequently created for another Humphrey, brother of Henry V, who died heirless, and then for Richard, brother of Edward IV, who became King Richard III in 1483.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.