One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Dark-haired and heftily built, he was a perfect picture of all-American solidity and youthful certainty.’
- ‘Home-made cakes looked appetising but heftily priced - organic apple and banana, chocolate fudge or carrot and orange cake.’
- ‘The vines were thick and heftily wooded, larger than any plant life a desert dweller could ever imagine, and more voracious than the most haggardly pack of wolves.’
- ‘If he was watching at home he would have applauded heftily.’
- ‘Put the lid back on the saucepan, and shake the potatoes quite heftily in the saucepan so that they become fluffy round the edges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.