One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The vines were thick and heftily wooded, larger than any plant life a desert dweller could ever imagine, and more voracious than the most haggardly pack of wolves.’
- ‘Dark-haired and heftily built, he was a perfect picture of all-American solidity and youthful certainty.’
- ‘Put the lid back on the saucepan, and shake the potatoes quite heftily in the saucepan so that they become fluffy round the edges.’
- ‘If he was watching at home he would have applauded heftily.’
- ‘Home-made cakes looked appetising but heftily priced - organic apple and banana, chocolate fudge or carrot and orange cake.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.