One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's not the hedgers stopping the gold advance.’
- ‘His parents were hedgers and ditchers and brought up their son to the same occupation.’
- ‘Similarly, because the contract specifies a New York Harbor delivery location, many unleaded gasoline long hedgers will exit the market prior to the expiration month.’
- ‘Today, virtually all major producers, refiners, cash traders, and end-users hedge and/or contract with hedgers to manage risks.’
- ‘By selling such instruments and transferring the risk into their own books, banks are risk hedgers and traders - with a view to making a profit.’
- ‘Tending to be high risk, high return investment tools that remain largely unexploited in investment strategies, warrants are also an attractive option for speculators and hedgers.’
- ‘For example, in 1997 hedgers were responsible for bringing an extra 470 tonnes ‘supply’ to the table.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.