One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A limited partnership of investors that uses high risk methods, such as investing with borrowed money, in hopes of realizing large capital gains.
- ‘He is a hedge fund manager or a financial artist whose successes made him not only rich, but also the stuff of legend.’
- ‘A battle between a hedge fund and a private equity fund looks like the kind of spat in which it would be foolish to take sides.’
- ‘Leave the ability to act like a hedge fund but tone down the use of high-risk investment techniques.’
- ‘Why bother with plain old mutual funds if you can qualify for a hedge fund?’
- ‘I'm not talking about making public the trading techniques that are proprietary to a hedge fund.’
- ‘And it is always the fault of the market or the hedge fund or of soft dollars or of the mutual fund or the limited partnership.’
- ‘The fair market value of securities held by a hedge fund is the basis for calculating its performance.’
- ‘Ask the hedge fund for its private placement memorandum or partnership agreement.’
- ‘It offers a hedge fund that takes significantly higher risk than a standard pension fund.’
- ‘It is understood that the new hedge fund has not commenced operations, but it is raising funds for investments.’
- ‘This past fall he speared several large players in both the hedge fund and mutual fund industries.’
- ‘Some hedge fund managers say these funds are the key to consistent returns, even in downtrodden markets.’
- ‘The dueling lawsuits offer a rare window into the secretive inner workings of a hedge fund.’
- ‘In its purest form, a hedge fund is simply an ordinary investment fund that tries to exploit price inefficiencies in the market.’
- ‘Big gains are also expected among those who are engaged in the booming hedge fund trading sector.’
- ‘But the hedge fund isn't going to invest in stocks and bonds and the usual gizmos.’
- ‘For example, this fund has many of the powers of a hedge fund in that it's relatively unconstrained.’
- ‘One of my partners in a hedge fund is a brilliant investor, but he also has a wicked temper.’
- ‘This month sees the launch of a hedge fund aimed at private investors.’
- ‘The hedge fund also offered to pay higher management fees than other customers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.