The use of heat for therapeutic purposes in medicine.
- ‘If your skin has poor sensation or if you have poor circulation, don't use heat treatment.’
- ‘She was unable to attend the fundraiser because she is receiving revolutionary heat treatment in Germany.’
- ‘Thinner veins can be removed with laser or heat treatment (thermal ablation).’
- ‘Ice packs also can help, and you can try alternating heat treatment with ice packs.’
- ‘It's difficult not to relax as you wander at your own pace around the heat treatment rooms of the Thermal Suite, then lie, robed, on a heat-contoured couch, willing yourself to stay awake.’