One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of heat for therapeutic purposes in medicine, or to modify the properties of a material, especially in metallurgy.
- ‘Thinner veins can be removed with laser or heat treatment (thermal ablation).’
- ‘If your skin has poor sensation or if you have poor circulation, don't use heat treatment.’
- ‘Ice packs also can help, and you can try alternating heat treatment with ice packs.’
- ‘She was unable to attend the fundraiser because she is receiving revolutionary heat treatment in Germany.’
- ‘It's difficult not to relax as you wander at your own pace around the heat treatment rooms of the Thermal Suite, then lie, robed, on a heat-contoured couch, willing yourself to stay awake.’
heat treatment/ˈhēt ˈˌtrētmənt/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.