Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for transferring heat from one medium to another.
- ‘These experiments are expected to contribute, respectively, to new heat-exchanger designs, to more efficient oil exploration processes, and to better semiconductor alloys.’
- ‘Get everywhere well insulated and put heat-exchangers on the ventilation system so it's an energy-efficient system.’
- ‘These blood vessels act as a countercurrent heat-exchanger.’
- ‘In the winter, the air behind the outer glass facade warms and rises to the air box, which functions as a heat-exchanger, returning hot air to the apartments.’
- ‘The fire heats the water, which then flows into the next room where an Amish-style heat-exchanger keeps the water warm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.