One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A public service providing medical care.
- ‘The full funding of long term care as an integral part of a universal health service is long overdue.’
- ‘But even at the height of the communist system there was never a national health service.’
- ‘There is widespread misunderstanding or confusion regarding public health services.’
- ‘As recently as three years ago some politicians could talk about the NHS as the finest health service in the world.’
- ‘After all it is more economically sound to keep a public health service and it is much better for all concerned.’
- ‘He should make up his mind whether he wants to be in the public health service to provide a service to St Lucia.’
- ‘The priority in the initial years was to strengthen the public health services.’
- ‘She can control, by Order in Council, what a health service can and cannot do.’
- ‘So we don't spend a lot of money when you consider the amount of money that's spent on the health service.’
- ‘Evidence for the dismal state of the public health services is well documented.’
- ‘If I were to have an accident, I know I will be well taken care of by our health services.’
- ‘Some states' governments have tried to use area health services to deliver care.’
- ‘There was a major overhaul of the public health service, badly needed after recent cholera epidemics in the South.’
- ‘Irish residents can use the card to get treatment in the public health service of any EU country.’
- ‘Interestingly, amalgamation turned out to be good for public health service in Toronto.’
- ‘The poor are best served by a good public health service that is funded by taxation and free at the time of delivery.’
- ‘It is not the same as hospitals and health services, and care and rehabilitation.’
- ‘They do this to assure the public that health services meet high standards, and that doctors can be trusted.’
- ‘Why can't this be used to establish a decent public health service that everyone can afford to use?’
- ‘There is a national health service, but private medicine serves a large share of the population.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.