Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Concerned about how healthy one's diet and lifestyle are.‘consumers have become more health-conscious’
- ‘The bulk of his customers are health-conscious professionals.’
- ‘The early-twentieth-century cult of the wilderness further boosted the popularity of night air among the health-conscious.’
- ‘I lived in the Burlington area for three years and found it to be an extremely health-conscious community.’
- ‘Juice has long been considered one of the top liquid refreshments of choice for health-conscious people.’
- ‘Typically, a health-conscious selling position has not been a particularly strong one.’
- ‘Juicing is fast becoming a way of life for the health-conscious at heart.’
- ‘Advertisers are reaching out to health-conscious consumers who turn to the Web on a need-to-know basis.’
- ‘Even as Americans become more health-conscious, they refuse to compromise on taste.’
- ‘I enjoy eating, but I've always tried to be health-conscious.’
- ‘Health-conscious people were replacing the fried foods in their diet with cereals.’
- ‘During the 1990s, when health and nutrition became somewhat of a national obsession, many health-conscious individuals started seeking out organics.’
- ‘A good tasting soy cream cheese would be more than welcome on the bagels of health-conscious eaters.’
- ‘Although I'm a health-conscious person, I have a hard time staying on track after Thanksgiving.’
- ‘All the performers were almost fanatically health-conscious.’
- ‘Many health-conscious athletes restrict their salt intake on a daily basis, believing this will help prevent blood pressure problems.’
- ‘The dishes are mostly light, with an emphasis on seafood, so the book is a real find for health-conscious food enthusiasts.’
- ‘If you're health-conscious and care about your body, don't peel your apples.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.