Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A horizontal rail at the top of something.
- ‘This curved lip at the sidewall ends is a characteristic of all headrails formed by the extrusion process from raw aluminum.’
- ‘If you would like more information about our curved headrails and how they could benefit you please feel free to contact us.’
- ‘This keeps costs down for you if your headrails are still in perfect condition.’
- ‘To complete the installation, attach the headrail to the installation brackets by tightening the wing nuts.’
- ‘The Deluxe headrail is a white aluminum with a choice of color coordinated fabric inserts.’
- ‘The cat uncoiled, stretched in a long, luxurious arch, and Kieran's gaze followed as it disappeared over the headrail of the bed.’
- ‘Cleaning the fabric covered headrail is similar to cleaning the fabric on the rest of the shading.’
- ‘The headrails are suitable for use on 12 mm + panels and can be finished to match all other cubicle fittings.’
- ‘Centrally located carrier stems make the headrails reversible for right or left installation.’
- ‘On our headrails, the louvres are always equally spaced for the very neatest of finishes.’
- ‘The newly designed aluminium headrail promotes strength and design to the children's washroom range.’
- ‘All control cords and headrails are colour co-ordinated.’
- ‘In addition, many of the products available on the market today come with sleek-looking headrails and other attractive features that make them a perfect product for a homeowner looking to block out light and gain privacy.’
- ‘Continue to push the headrail upwards until the projecting lugs lock firmly into the headrail.’
- ‘Solid Ash headrails and bottomrails are supplied natural on natural weaves or coloured to match coloured weaves.’
- ‘Options that are provided with the real wood blinds include fabric tapes, no holes or de-light feature, motorization, two on one headrails and three on one headrails.’
- ‘It provides an easily fitted and efficient method of light control and millions of these headrails are fitted throughout the world.’
- ‘If you have a blind with a 2' tall headrail and a wand titler, this is the first one to check out.’
- ‘As you cut the headrail you may want to bend the cut portion out of the way with pliers or a screw driver.’
- ‘They also are superior in strength to the lighter weight aluminum headrails frequently sold today.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.