One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fan or performer of heavy metal music.
- ‘Caustic yet cohesive, the band's old-school punk rock sound has evolved into a real headbanger's ball.’
- ‘And to rub salt into the already gangrenous wounds of headbangers, the band members also cut their hair, a no-no in the world of metal.’
- ‘Gay artists have a real reason to fear homophobic rejection, or at least a dimming of enthusiasm, from the headbangers in the pit.’
- ‘‘There will be something for the headbangers and something for those who like soulful music as well,’ says Sam.’
- ‘It may sound like faint praise, but the band's ability to make plainly dyspeptic headbangers that really bang is no small feat at a time when powerful popular dissent and effective mainstream rock are both in such short supply.’
- ‘Although my own short-lived nu metal days were finished by the time I turned 16, it was obvious to anyone in attendance that these guys would stand out in a field of sound-alike headbangers.’
- ‘How they are so popular with the headbangers is beyond me.’
- ‘Every summer for the last five years, this northern Scandinavian city has brought together airheads, headbangers and rockers for the competition.’
- ‘Too hard for popsters, too twisted for arena-rock headbangers and too subversive for all but the most open-minded listeners, they dealt with taboo subjects with a bizarre wit and hard-rocking drive.’
- ‘The music was brilliant (even for an old headbanger like me!)’
- ‘I put the radio on my favorite headbanger's station, and put it on full blast.’
- ‘Fortunately, headbangers aren't the only ones getting lean, mean and green.’
- ‘But therein lies this band's curse: they're headbangers in disguise, complete with lame ballads and interludes and solos that would make most punks reel.’
- ‘For an audience filled with professional headbangers, waiting to get their rock and rolls off with their favorite brand of brazen electrical cacophony, this is a risk of monumental proportions.’
- ‘There's everything there from jazz to headbangers.’
- ‘Yet given the fact that this headbanger's journey comes complete with a virtually non-stop metal soundtrack and is clearly a one-sided argument, it seems churlish to pretend that it was made for anyone but the die-hard metal brigade.’
- ‘With a nostalgic nod to classic metal soloing and a jack-hammer delivery, the band have hit upon a mixture of old metal and nu metal that should please all ages of headbangers.’
- ‘But using lightweight digital equipment, the filmmakers roved around the Calgary area (with Lawrence and Spence in character) and captured scenes of interaction with actual headbangers.’
- ‘And, of course, there'll be the now famous and much awaited rock show for the city's legions of headbangers.’
- ‘Ottawa isn't known for it's headbangers, but it seemed that every metalhead in the city turned out for this show.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.