One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
He shall; he will.
- ‘We are told pensioners needn't worry as he'll use the old system for their pension increases.’
- ‘Thomas had a big input in the teams last year and hopefully he'll do the same again.’
- ‘As soon as Eddie's back is turned he'll be the first one to plot his downfall.’
- ‘He's going to hold it up - and if we get the ball across the face of goal he'll be in there.’
- ‘But the fact that he annoys the other housemates so much might be why he'll stay this week.’
- ‘He's just had a kid, he'll be grateful to be guaranteed a job for at least another 3 months.’
- ‘He was forced to pull up but the thrill of the ride is something he'll never forget.’
- ‘He made one or two mistakes which he'll learn from and correct but it's a pleasing performance.’
- ‘If he gets his chance at international level, he'll toughen the Scotland defence.’
- ‘If he succeeds, he'll richly deserve one of those expensive cigars which are his trademark.’
- ‘They operated on him this afternoon so hopefully he'll be fast asleep by now.’
- ‘He isn't yet at the stage where he'll agree to go to a dentist, being convinced it's not a tooth problem.’
- ‘But we all know that he'll marry her, because it seems like the easy way out for him.’
- ‘Things are going well, and he reckons he'll be back at the end of next week.’
- ‘I'm quite sure he'll never ask me now if I remember how it feels to work a 60 hour week.’
- ‘So, we sigh, grit our teeth, and clear the way for the bloke to do his job, hoping he'll not take too long over it.’
- ‘Just crank up the volume a notch when he gets something right and he'll get the message.’
- ‘Give a politician some facts and he'll draw his own confusions.’
- ‘But once his encore is over, he'll be jumping back in the car and going back to London.’
- ‘He may not be the fastest runner next weekend, but he'll give it his best shot, rugby match or no rugby match.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.