One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With a very round voice, rather than a steely, singular edge that more piercing sopranos have, she creates a haziness that is very comforting and no small part of her wide appeal far beyond the realm of opera and recital aficionados.’
- ‘For a week or two I've been bothered by a haziness in my right eye.’
- ‘Mike said that the room filled with a very slight but discernible haziness, which then seem to gather at one of the corners of the ceiling.’
- ‘Problems include increased sensitivity to light at night and haziness of vision.’
- ‘On a good day the blue of the sea and the haziness of the land on the horizon is breathtaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.