One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A round brown hard-shelled nut that is the edible fruit of the hazel.
- ‘I like a mix of flaked almonds, chopped almonds and hazelnuts.’
- ‘When the hazelnuts have completely cooled, break each one apart.’
- ‘Thankfully for me I love cashews, hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios.’
- ‘You could also use hazelnuts, Brazils, cashews and pecans.’
- ‘Sunflower seeds, almonds and hazelnuts are rich sources of vitamin E.’
- ‘Her skin is a luminous hazelnut brown and has a leathery texture.’
- ‘All along the top of the cake were five hazelnuts.’
- ‘Dukkah is an Egyptian spice mix that includes roasted hazelnuts, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds.’
- ‘There were almonds, peanuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts.’
- ‘We gathered acorns and hazelnuts and beechnuts in the woods.’
- ‘When they're roasted, hazelnuts are the best nuts by far!’
- ‘Prepare the hazelnuts by roasting in the oven until brown.’
- ‘Unroasted nuts such as almonds, cashews, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts make an ideal snack food.’
- ‘Sprinkle on toasted and chopped hazelnuts or walnuts.’
- ‘Nuts especially high in vitamin E include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.’
- ‘The loaf is hot and soft, and smells of almonds and hazelnuts and nutmeg.’
- ‘There didn't seem to be any good reason to use pistachio here; other nuts, such as almonds or hazelnuts, would probably do.’
- ‘We plucked fresh figs, apples, plums and hazelnuts from trees heavy with crops.’
- ‘In a small bowl, combine hazelnuts and brown sugar and set aside.’
- ‘The hazelnuts in their shells that appear from autumn through to winter make us appreciate that food in season is always best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.