1A stack of hay.
haystack, rick, hayrick, stook, mow, barleymowView synonyms
- ‘The barns, like the one with haymow brimming in the Department of Agriculture image, were constructed around here in the late 1800s.’
- ‘Every inch of the haymow and the lean-to are now neatly stacked and plugged with small bales of both alfalfa and grass hay.’
- ‘It's hay that may have become moldy - if it was moist when put in the haymow - but it is just as effective for mulching as good hay, and a great deal cheaper.’
- ‘Suddenly, the haymow was ablaze with a searing, white light.’
- ‘Silos replaced the haymows for storing animal feed.’
- 1.1 A part of a barn in which hay is stored.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.