A plant of the daisy family that resembles a dandelion but has a branched stem with several flowers.
- ‘Hawksbeard is more likely to be found in crops and gardens.’
- ‘You'll find this most common of the hawksbeards ranging anywhere from a few inches to several feet in height.’
- ‘Asiatic false hawksbeard is found from Pennsylvania to Texas and all states southeast, as well as Hawaii.’
- ‘Tapertip hawksbeard is an important food source for sage-grouse.’
- ‘Most dandelions had retreated, but in a several places dandelion lookalikes - hawksbeards, hawkweeds and wild lettuce - were still much in evidence.’