One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for nene
- ‘One of the first examples of successful reintroduction was the Nene or Hawaiian goose.’
- ‘Hawaiian geese have a black face and crown and cream-colored cheeks.’
- ‘The research team found that the nene and two extinct species of Hawaiian geese were all closely related to one other genetically.’
- ‘The researchers’ finding suggests that the nene and several other species of Hawaiian geese now extinct branched off from a population of Canada geese and colonized the tropical paradise about half a million years ago.’
- ‘When it was named the state bird in the late 1950s, the Hawaiian goose was on the verge of extinction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.