One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have the necessary qualities for success.
- ‘We have what it takes - it just needs leadership and a change of Council.’
- ‘If you guessed ‘towel,’ then you may have what it takes to be a quiz team member.’
- ‘This term will include the achievements of women, that is they are successful and have what it takes to make it in the modern world today.’
- ‘The inference was that they simply did not have what it takes.’
- ‘Does he have what it takes to get out there and create the conflict and controversy that are part and parcel of talk shows?’
- ‘If they play as well as I know they are capable of playing then Tallow have what it takes to survive.’
- ‘But do politicians have what it takes to succeed in the cutthroat world of blogging?’
- ‘They seem to have what it takes to be successful, it will be interesting to see if and how they develop.’
- ‘Thank you for having what it takes to run such an article.’
- ‘But he is confident he has what it takes to be a successful manager and it will be in the track suit on the training ground where he will make his biggest impact.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.