One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be clumsy or awkward.
- ‘The choreography was all worked out and the dancers had learned their steps, but poor David has two left feet and is tone deaf.’
- ‘I have two left feet when it comes to doing dance moves.’
- ‘His instructor had claimed with frustration that he had two left feet and Roman couldn't agree more.’
- ‘Well I gave it a try and quickly discovered that I had two left feet and my dreams went up in smoke.’
- ‘Are today's celebrities fleet of foot or do they have two left feet?’
- ‘She is wrinkled, she is overweight, and she still has two left feet when it comes to dancing.’
- ‘Maybe you've realized you have two left feet, skewed rhythm and zero coordination.’
- ‘And there are dozens of dance schools that guarantee they will turn you into a performer, even if you have two left feet.’
- ‘Joe was right; Hoss had two left feet when it came to the waltz.’
- ‘If she loves to dance but you have two left feet, visit a dance lesson several times and learn how.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.