One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Disagree with or have an objection to.‘I have no problem with shopping on Sundays’
disapprove of, oppose, dissent from, think wrong, be against, have a problem with, demur about, demur against, not believe in, not supportprotest, protest against, lodge a protest, lodge a protest against, express objections, raise objections, express objections to, raise objections to, express disapproval, express disapproval of, express disagreement, express disagreement with, oppose, be in opposition, be in opposition to, take exception, take exception to, take issue, take issue with, take a stand against, have a problem, have a problem with, argue, argue against, remonstrate, remonstrate against, make a fuss, make a fuss about, quarrel with, disapprove, disapprove of, condemn, draw the line, draw the line at, demur, mind, complain, complain about, moan, moan about, grumble, grumble about, grouse, grouse about, cavil, cavil at, quibble, quibble aboutView synonyms
- ‘I think he's having a problem with all the loud music.’
- ‘If you have a problem with that, this is where the exit button can be pressed.’
- ‘This is something which many people have a problem with when they go to an Indian restaurant.’
- ‘It isn't a term I have a problem with, although not everyone is comfortable with it.’
- ‘We wrestle with that all the time and a lot of people have a problem with that.’
- ‘And it is our common interests that we represent, so no one should really have a problem with that.’
- ‘I'm a grown woman who owns a house and wants to live in it - why would she have a problem with that?’
- ‘I wouldn't have a problem with that, if it also applied to sites run by the government.’
- ‘But surely if his counterparts have a problem with what he did, it will reflect badly on them, and not on him.’
- ‘Many writers have a problem with even hinting at the general tone of a piece ahead of time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.