One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be aware of all the latest news or developments.‘he keeps his finger on the pulse of world music’
- ‘Where are the exciting developments, and who has their finger on the pulse?’
- ‘I much prefer to have my finger on the pulse and know what's going on.’
- ‘Over 265 million is traded daily on the Irish Stock Exchange's equities market and there are many investors out there who want to keep their finger on the pulse regarding share performance and potential deals.’
- ‘And I also think that Jeff Zuker, our executive producer, is really brilliant and quite good at sort of predicting or keeping his finger on the pulse and figuring out what is going to be interesting - what's going to be hot.’
- ‘At one time, I had this reputation for having my finger on the pulse, of knowing what people wanted.’
- ‘We are going to talk about it with two sports hosts who have their finger on the pulse of the fans.’
- ‘Now that I've been out of Britain for nearly 4 years, my view of the politics there has become somewhat two-dimensional and I no longer feel I have my finger on the pulse of daily life.’
- ‘It is his way of keeping his finger on the pulse, and directors are encouraged to speak freely.’
- ‘We continue to keep our finger on the pulse regarding a quality and diverse range of programming which meets the needs of the vast majority of listeners and this has been proven by our ever increasing listenership results.’
- ‘Between them they have their finger on the pulse of contemporary customers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.