One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was very hot in the Brazilian sun on a hatless balding head.’
- ‘In contrast to many of the self portraits, it shows him dressed informally, tieless, hatless and with his shirt sleeves rolled up.’
- ‘Until the 1950s, many women would go hatless in their own quartier, something they would not do if they were to go beyond its informal limits.’
- ‘He was hatless with his hair slicked back and parted down the middle.’
- ‘The man came out of the darkness, impeccable as always in his well-styled coat - hatless this time, he noted, in spite of the wind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.