Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for chigger
- ‘Due to the soil in this area, harvest mite infestations are a particular problem locally.’
- ‘Chigger bites are caused by the harvest mite or red bug, which commonly is found in grasslands of the southeastern United States.’
- ‘Chiggers, the larvae of harvest mites, transmit the organism that causes scrub typhus.’
- ‘Insecticides licensed for on-animal flea control will effectively kill harvest mites provided that they reach the skin and not just the fur.’
- ‘The scientific name for chiggers is Trombicula mites, and they are also known as harvest mites.’
harvest mite/ˈhärvəst mīt/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.