One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for chigger (sense 1 of the noun)
- ‘Chiggers, the larvae of harvest mites, transmit the organism that causes scrub typhus.’
- ‘Due to the soil in this area, harvest mite infestations are a particular problem locally.’
- ‘Chigger bites are caused by the harvest mite or red bug, which commonly is found in grasslands of the southeastern United States.’
- ‘The scientific name for chiggers is Trombicula mites, and they are also known as harvest mites.’
- ‘Insecticides licensed for on-animal flea control will effectively kill harvest mites provided that they reach the skin and not just the fur.’
harvest mite/ˈhärvəst mīt/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.