A musician who plays a harp.
- ‘Laurie Pappajohn, a local harpist, and her group played traditional music of the mystics using medieval Celtic instruments.’
- ‘If hiring harpists or a string quartet for the church, ask them (before booking) if they would also play for an hour or so at your reception; they should do this for no extra cost.’
- ‘One of Ireland's leading harpists, Clíona Doris has extensive experience as a soloist, chamber and orchestral musician.’
- ‘Máire is considered to be one of the world's greatest harpists and a chief exponent of Irish traditional music abroad.’
- ‘The camera pans past a harpist to show the scene through the strings of the harp - and the harpist's strumming hand gives the appearance of caressing Cleopatra's body.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.