One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A musician who plays a harp.
- ‘The camera pans past a harpist to show the scene through the strings of the harp - and the harpist's strumming hand gives the appearance of caressing Cleopatra's body.’
- ‘Máire is considered to be one of the world's greatest harpists and a chief exponent of Irish traditional music abroad.’
- ‘If hiring harpists or a string quartet for the church, ask them (before booking) if they would also play for an hour or so at your reception; they should do this for no extra cost.’
- ‘One of Ireland's leading harpists, Clíona Doris has extensive experience as a soloist, chamber and orchestral musician.’
- ‘Laurie Pappajohn, a local harpist, and her group played traditional music of the mystics using medieval Celtic instruments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.