One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Seventh Symphony, subtitled Angel of Light, is less original: it is harmonically bland, its debts to Sibelius and Shostakovich too marked.’
- ‘They seem like the simplest melodies in the world, but they're really complex harmonically; there are endless possibilities.’
- ‘Alongside other white musicians such as Stan Getz and Chet Baker, Brubeck had brought harmonically complex jazz into the living rooms of white, middle class America largely thanks to the mainstream success of Take Five.’
- ‘Still, while Ongo Trogodé's music is static harmonically, this is a fascinating, mysterious, charming and unique sound.’
- ‘So I can say that Led Zeppelin's music, while often (but not always) harmonically simple, is frequently rhythmically complex, and often wildly experimental.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.