One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for simple harmonic motion
- ‘If a spring with a mass attached to it is slightly stretched or compressed and then let loose, it will oscillate in simple harmonic motion (SHM).’
- ‘The coarse-grain model was based on harmonic restraints and the essential dynamics also extracts harmonic motion from the trajectory.’
- ‘Simple harmonic motion is typified by the motion of a mass on a spring when it is subject to the linear elastic restoring force given by Hooke's Law.’
- ‘The frequency of simple harmonic motion like a mass on a spring is determined by the mass m and the stiffness of the spring expressed in terms of a spring constant k (see Hooke's Law).’
- ‘In some cases, the oscillation with the higher frequency corresponded to a harmonic motion of the lower frequency.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.