One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To accomplish this easily in production, rich alloy ingot, or ‘hardener’, is employed; hardeners contain from less than 1% to as much as 50% of alloying elements.’
- ‘Andre Plouffe, owner of Designs in Concrete, Thousand Oaks, Calif., and Glen Roman started their work on a buff-colored slab cast with dry shake color hardeners broadcast at twice the normal rate (1.2 pounds per square foot).’
- ‘They are made of chemo ceramic - a mixture of ceramic powder with 15 hardeners, including sodium bentonite, quartz and felspur, and burnt over 24 hours.’
- ‘Liquid hardeners can penetrate some slabs as much as 1/8 inch, and can increase the surface abrasion resistance by 25% or more, according to Dianne Carey, senior chemist for W.R. Meadows, Hampshire, Ill.’
- ‘Every time you uncover a little bit of bone, you pour hardener over it to help protect it from being scratched or shattered.’
- ‘Retail values should continue to harden as rents increase.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.