One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Retail values should continue to harden as rents increase.’
- ‘Every time you uncover a little bit of bone, you pour hardener over it to help protect it from being scratched or shattered.’
- ‘Liquid hardeners can penetrate some slabs as much as 1/8 inch, and can increase the surface abrasion resistance by 25% or more, according to Dianne Carey, senior chemist for W.R. Meadows, Hampshire, Ill.’
- ‘They are made of chemo ceramic - a mixture of ceramic powder with 15 hardeners, including sodium bentonite, quartz and felspur, and burnt over 24 hours.’
- ‘To accomplish this easily in production, rich alloy ingot, or ‘hardener’, is employed; hardeners contain from less than 1% to as much as 50% of alloying elements.’
- ‘Andre Plouffe, owner of Designs in Concrete, Thousand Oaks, Calif., and Glen Roman started their work on a buff-colored slab cast with dry shake color hardeners broadcast at twice the normal rate (1.2 pounds per square foot).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.