Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person with very toned or well-developed muscles.‘you're in the cockpit of a ragtop Testarossa with a tanned, blond hardbody at your side’
- ‘And if these exciting steps forward really do change America's eating habits, we can all look forward to a summer filled with even more toned hardbodies than usual.’
- ‘And while she might not love you any more if you were more of a hardbody, she wouldn't mind, either.’
- ‘WORK YOUR ABS and your ego with the hardbodies at the new David Barton Gym in Chelsea, where DJs spin tunes, the floors are faux leather, and you can watch a fiber-optic light show in the steam bath.’
- ‘Seeing these anonymous hardbodies cavort in Belize, you don't feel their relationships are in danger, or that there's much worth saving anyway.’
- ‘Even Gidget wasn't portrayed as a bronzed hardbody with at 9-foot board under her arm.’
- ‘And afterwards, I like standing on the pavement outside a crowded bar with the other managers and a pint of Stella, eyeing up the hardbodies.’
- ‘Serenity's a petite blonde with the perfect definition of a hardbody and slightly chipmunk cheeks that only serve to make her all the more adorable.’
- ‘But playing mixed presenting doubles with Sue Barker will probably be a doddle for the towering hardbody, who effortlessly sails through one of the busiest schedules in sports broadcasting.’
- ‘I agree with you about the ‘glossy 20-something hardbodies.’’
- ‘Like previous FLEXY winner Madonna, this now 41-year-old mother of three reinvented herself as a hardbody in the '90s, and she shows no signs of going soft.’
- ‘‘Abs need to be treated like any major bodypart,’ says Gregory Joujon-Roche of Holistic Fitness - whom Demi Moore, among others, can thank at least in part for her hardbody.’
- ‘They are Alan Johnson and Michael Arciero, forty-something hardbodies who have coached cycling at the U.S. Military Academy, at West Point.’
- ‘He always squares up to the camera and delivers the painfully amusing line ‘A hardbody is a little sexy fox you find down on the beach.’’
- ‘Although only one winner struts away with the grand prize, every entrant gets the consolation prize of a lifetime: a brand-new hardbody.’
- ‘‘And they are all hardbodies,’ she says, using the industry term that refers to the youngest dancers, usually 18-21 years old.’
- ‘Each show is held under the open sky, housed by the white, belle époque walls of Sunnyside. Kids scamper on the beach nearby, hardbodies play volleyball.’
- ‘‘Even the hardbodies at the gym now admit that walking has a place in a well-rounded fitness regimen,’ says Mark Fenton, author of The Complete Guide to Walking and host of PBS ' America's Walking.’
- ‘Triathlon, the arcane sport of masochists, is poised to hit it big, with a high-profile Olympic debut and two camera-ready hardbodies in a duel for glory.’
- ‘This April's Eco-Challenge Argentina, in which teams of four hardbodies raced by foot and horse and kayak for 12 days across 197 miles of Patagonia, was the worst.’
- ‘Every few hours, a group of young hardbodies would wow the throng with their kayaking tricks.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.